Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Week 9. Trust Issues

Being away for a week didn't feel very different at all, the wedding and music festival I attended while I was away still had me in holiday mode. Snapped back to reality when I walked into class today, arriving late as usual but I didn't feel so bad when I walked in as there was only 4 of us... I wasn't late!!! 
Being behind schedule I read the chapter before hand and got a brief outline of what was needed to be done today. 

Today's topic was about 'Trust Issues', the class got organised quickly and shared stories about having trust issues in our lives such as my story. This happened last year when I attended the biggest Euro dance festival in Australia called Defqon.1, I entrusted a friend that lived in Queensland with organising our tickets which cost $150.00, now if he didn't deliver me and my friends would miss out on something big, luckily he pulled through.



1. Provide an example of a situation where you have to have trust?
This one incident I remember quite clear simply because it was the most amazing feeling I've ever felt, absolute adrenaline rush! SKYDIVING! For my 19th birthday my ex girlfriend spoiled me by taking me to New Zealand and took me sky diving, of course I was with a professional but the chances of something going wrong, the chute malfunctioning or any of the mechanisms fail could result fatal. I had to entrust that person that he knew what he was doing and what he should do should anything go wrong.

2. Where in our exhibition do we need to instill trust?
For me its the equipment and the crew, neither can function without the other. Double checking the equipment that all is functional is a must and entrusting team members to attend accordingly and put equal amount of effort in order to achieve this.

3. What strategies are used to instill trust?
Positive energy and motivation from the team members is key, if members of the group display negative energy then the tendency of people not wanting to work together is very probable.

4. If you could "undo" any aspect of the preparation for the exhibition to-date, what would you "undo"?
We discussed this with our groups and my group seemed pretty happy with the decision's  we've made. However I would undo our lack of motivation and time management, excluding our student life majority of us have other things to do such as work and associates we need to attend.

5. HOMEWORK: How are you using the laws in relation to your contribution to the student exhibition?

No comments:

Post a Comment